FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the gallery available for rental?
• Evening functions between 5 pm – midnight
• Mid-day functions between 11 am – 5 pm
How much does it cost to rent the gallery?
• For day/evening functions the gallery rents for $200/hr with a minimum of 2hrs. (Weddings minimum 4 hours.)
All rental fees include an Event Assistant required to be onsite during your event who can assist with serving/bartending.
How much is required for deposit?
Is there a penalty to cancel a rental?
A rental may only be cancelled by notice in writing to fortune gallery.
Where written notice of cancellation is received:
• A cancellation fee of 25% will be levied for rentals cancelled more than two weeks to the function date;
• Less than two weeks but more than 48 hours prior to the function, the cancellation fee is 50% of the fee;
• Less than 48 hours before the function, the cancellation fee is equal to the fees and no refund will be given.
May I serve liquor during my rental?
fortune gallery is not licensed for the sale or service of liquor. It is the renters responsibility to obtain a Special Event Permit (SEP), which is available online through the BC Liquor Control Branch. The SEP must be presented to fortune gallery prior to the event. Your caterer can also serve liquor on the your behalf through their transportable catering license. In this case you are not required to apply for a SEP.
Does the Rental Fee include catering?
Fees do not include food, beverage, linens, glasses, cutlery, servers, music or equipment rentals. Catering, including food, bar service, tables, linens, cutlery, china and glasses, decor, music, and waste removal are the renters’ responsibility and the caterers. All items must be removed from the gallery immediately following the function. Special arrangements can be made for next day pick-ups.
Clean up - we charge a $100.00 cleaning fee after large parties and weddings.
Is the gallery accessible for wheelchairs?
Yes, although we do have one step to enter the gallery. Our washroom is accessible.
Is parking available?
Yes, there is plenty of 1.5hour street parking available and after 6 pm street parking is free. Sundays are also free.
Is photography allowed?
Yes, however we ask that you do not use flash photography while in the gallery.